On Order Over 89,00€
MAKING A GARDEN
From Viveros González, we offer you a brief and simple guide outlining the main steps that are essential when creating a garden.
- Planning work.
- Take note of what you really want to project in the Garden:
- Draw a simple plan of the area, boundaries, entrances, house, garage, main view, unsightly views, north area, south area, etc…
- Chose the type of garden you’d like to achieve: Mediterranean, natural, low-maintenance, cactus and Succulents, Japanese, continental, mountain, etc...
- Which parts of the garden do you want to enhance
- What do you want to hide
- What views are of importance.
- How do you want to distribute the areas of the Garden:
- Dining area, covered area, play area for children, Garden, seating area, terraces, fountains, sculptures, etc…
- Where best to put the different paths and steps.
- What is the best distribution of the different plants.
- Where the piping for drainage, automatic irrigation and electricity pipes and cables will go through.
2. - Clearing and earth works
Clearing of the plot.
Remove all the debris, stumps of old trees and anything that will not be suitable to properly lay the first base of the future garden-.
It is even likely that sometimes you will need to get rid of poor quality soil.
3. - Leveling up the plot.
Works for leveling the ground according to your plans, making recesses or elevations in the same, or according to the layout.
You may even need the services of special machinery.
Also this is the time to carry out the building of planters, retaining walls, fountains, enclosures, etc...
4. - Soils.
Addition of new soils according to the gardens needs.
It may be necessary to enrich the existing soil, or add new better porous soil.
Keep in mind that half of the success of the garden and its ability to thrive in the future will depend on the importance of inputting good soil.
5. Drainage system.
Next thing will be to do all the installation and testing of a drainage system, which can be achieved either, by the natural porosity of the ground, or by using gravel and pipes installed for this purpose.
6. Laying of heavy material.
Like the planting of large trees and plants, or the placement of big fountains, big stones, sculptures, etc. that require heavy machinery for transportation and planting, digging the trenches and holes required.
7.- Installation of other components
Which could be, water features, fountains, railway sleepers, paths, light enclosures, or the placement of other additional materials on the ground such as different materials and decorative pebbles.
8. Watering system.
Installation of an automatic watering system according to the type of plants and the different sections of the garden.
9 .-Planting all the plants.
Raking and leveling the ground again, coming back to our initial schedule plan and the placement of the material in the correct areas before sowing them permanently.
10. Placing the turf or sowing the grass seeds.
This task is better to be carried out once all the plants are sown, and because we do not want to be treading on one side to the other, spoiling the lawn.
11. Checking all the works.
Finally checking that everything is functioning properly, automatic irrigation, fountains and lights and that your garden is the paradise you were aiming for.